Mycobacterium paratuberculosis (Johne's) PCR
Section: Molecular Diagnostics
Fee: $35.00 ($40.00 for pooled samples)
Turnaround Time: 1- 2 business days
Days Test Started: Wednesday,Friday
Species: Bovine, Caprine, Ovine, Ruminant
Leakproof container or WhirlPack
REFRIGERATION - Refrigerate all samples until shipment.
FECES - Collect feces in a leak proof container (sealable plastic bag or jar - do NOT submit in gloves). Collect feces that is free of debris and bedding.
FRESH TISSUES - Collect tissues in sterile/clean containers (plastic jars or sealable plastic bags). Separate tissues in different containers and label with tissue type, animal ID, and owner name.
OVERNIGHT - Ship overnight in an insulated shipper with ice packs (pack absorptive material to collect moisture) DO NOT SHIP OVER THE WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY - NO SATURDAY DELIVERY
PAPERWORK - Package paperwork separately in a waterproof, sealable plastic bag. Ensure paperwork is complete and specimens are labeled for easily matching. If you are using CF.755 Multiple Animal Continuation Form, please include a hard copy and email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FRESH TISSUES - If shipping different tissue types, clearly label each container with owner and animal ID (if applicable) and sample/tissue type. Double bag ALL fresh tissues.
Additional InformationFor pooling, samples must be collected, identified and submitted individually. The laboratory will pool samples. If pooled sample yields a positive result, samples in that pool will be tested individually upon request for an additional charge.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf