World-Class $8.8 Million Centaur Equine Diagnostic and Surgical Center
"The economic implications of the equine industry on the State economy are significant..."
- Indiana Equine industry Economic Impact Health Study, September, 2011
Located in the shadow of Indiana Grand in Shelbyville, this advanced referral hospital will complement the Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine's Large Animal Hospital in West Lafayette, and promote the health and performance of equine athletes through top-quality emergency medical services, groundbreaking equine research, and expanded training opportunities for future equine specialists.
Photos from the Groundbreaking Ceremony
- Press Release: Purdue breaks ground for $8.8 million Centaur Equine Diagnostic and Surgical Center
- Preliminary architect's renderings and a site development plan are complete and can be viewed here.
- Plans for the referral facility include advanced medical equipment, emergency veterinary care, specialized equine surgery capability, and advanced medical imaging.
- Fundraising plans include more than 50 opportunities to name areas in the facility. View what our donors are saying.
- With leadership gifts from New Centaur Gaming, Shelby County and the City of Shelbyville, along with support from our alumni and friends, we have now secured the funds required for construction of the facility. We are currently seeking an additional $3 million needed to support programming for the facility once it is operational.
- If you would be interested in learning more about the project and how you can help, please contact Chad Rohlfs, Director of Advancement, at 765-494-0791 or via email at email@example.com.
For more information about this project, please contact:
College of Veterinary Medicine
Office of Advancement
Lynn Hall, Room 1177A
625 Harrison Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
800-830-0104 or 765-494-6304