Join Our Team
Are you looking for an employer who will support you as a collaborative team member and value certification, education, and experience ? Do you want to challenge yourself to excel in an educational environment where the vital role of veterinary nurses and technicians as essential team members is highly regarded? Would you like to help build the future of Veterinary Medicine?
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be involved in compassionate patient care, outstanding teaching, significant community involvement, exemplary client service, and groundbreaking scientific discovery that advances both animal and human health and well-being.
If this sounds rewarding to you, then check out our job opportunities here at a major Big Ten university campus in dynamic West Lafayette, Indiana! Our culture is marked by enthusiasm about community development, smart communication, technological advances, scientific research, and global responsibility. If you have a strong desire to learn, as well as teach; are looking for amazing benefits; and appreciate a diverse and welcoming population and workforce, then apply today!
Purdue University’s College of Veterinary Medicine is committed to advancing diversity in all areas of faculty effort, including scholarship, instruction, and engagement. Job applicants should address at least one of these areas in a separate Diversity and Inclusion Statement, indicating their past experiences, current interests or activities, and/or future goals to promote a climate that values diversity and inclusion. A national leader in the graduation of Black doctorates in veterinary medicine over the past five years, Purdue has a track record of supporting diversity that dates back well over a century and is rooted in our land-grant mission. In 2021, Purdue University has embarked upon a comprehensive 5-year, $75 million plan to further increase the diversity of the faculty, staff, and student body.
Current Job Openings
Nurses, Technicians, and Technologists
- Animal Care Technician (Evenings)
- Animal Care Technician (Evenings)
- Animal Care Technician Team Lead (Evenings)
- Veterinary Assistant (Anesthesia)
- Veterinary Assistant (Emergency and Critical Care)
- Veterinary Assistant (Intermediate Care)
- Veterinary Assistant (Large Animal Ambulatory Versa Tech)
- Veterinary Assistant (Large Animal)
- Veterinary Technician/Nurse (Emergency and Critical Care)
- Veterinary Technician/Nurse (Farm Animal)
- Veterinary Technician/Nurse (Intermediate Care)
- Veterinary Technician/Nurse (Large Animal Medicine)
- Veterinary Technician/Nurse (Large Animal Surgery)
- Veterinary Technician/Nurse (Large Animal Treatment)
- Veterinary Technician/Nurse (Large Animal Versa)
- Veterinary Technician/Nurse (Opthamology)
- Veterinary Technician/Nurse (Small / Large Animal Anesthesia)
- Veterinary Technician/Nurse (Small / Large Animal Versa Tech)
- Veterinary Technician/Nurse (Small / Large Animal Versa)
- Veterinary Technician/Nurse (Small Animal Medicine)
- Veterinary Technician/Nurse Supervisor (Emergency/Critical Care)
- Veterinary Technician/Nurse Supervisor (Large Animal)
DVM / Faculty
- Clinician (Large Animal Medicine)
- Clinician (Large Animal Surgery)
- Lecturer (DVM Program)
- Professor (Anesthesiology, Tenure Track)
- Professor (Antimicrobial/Farm Animal Medicine, Tenure Track)
- Professor (Chemistry/Biological Sciences/Comparative Pathobiology)
- Professor (Comparative Pathobiology)
- Professor (Comparative Pathobiology/Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, Tenure Track)
- Professor (Diagnostic Imaging, Asst/Assoc, Tenure Track
- Professor (Human Animal Bond)
- Professor (Large Animal Medicine, Tenure Track)
- Professor (Neurology, Tenure Track)
- Professor (Oncology, Assist/Assoc, Tenure Track)
- Professor (Small Animal Primary Care)
- Visiting Professor (Neurology)
- Visiting Professor (Small Animal Surgery)
- Administrative Assistant (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Senior)
- Administrative Assistant, Senior
- Administrative Clerk (Assoc)
- Clerk (Client Liason Representative)
- Instruction Specialist (Veterinary Parasitology, Bacteriology, and Mycology)
- Lab Research Technologist
- Laboratory Technician
- Laboratory Technician
- Laboratory Technician (Clinical Pathology/Medical Laboratory Technician)
- Pharmacy Manager
- Pharmacy Technician
- Program Administration Specialist (Assoc)
- Program Director PVM (Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
Students & Postdocs
- Post Doc Research (Assoc)
- Student Lab Assistant (Comparative Pathobiology)
- Student Service (VAD)
- Student Service (Vet Business)
Other Jobs with Purdue Veterinary Medicine
Search all our Job Postings at Careers at Purdue.
Working at Purdue
Learn more about working at Purdue at Purdue Careers.
Opportunity for Promotion
We encourage and support all staff who want to grow and develop professionally. Expand your skills by working with world-recognized veterinary specialists.
Competitive salary and benefits
Learn more about all the benefits offered at Purdue Benefits.
We offer continuing education programs, both in person and online, for veterinarians and veterinary technicians in a variety of formats including workshops, lectures, conferences and symposiums. We even offer learning opportunities for the animal owning public and scientists in the veterinary field. Learn more about continuing education programs at the Office of Lifelong Learning website.
Student Employment & Volunteering Opportunities
Student employment opportunities at the Purdue University Veterinary Hospital are for currently enrolled Purdue University students.
We accept student employees in all our Hospitals.
Opportunities may include:
- Animal Caretaker Duties
- Hospital Custodial Duties
- Clerical Duties
- Surgical Instrument Decontamination Processing
Student Employment Process
To be considered for employment at the Purdue University Veterinary Hospital, please complete the Student Employment Application and submit to the hospital administration office at VTHadministration@purdue.edu.
Once your application has been received, it will be forwarded to the supervisor in the area of your interest. The supervisor will contact you regarding any employment opportunities in their area.
Email VTHrecruiting@purdue.edu to join our team!
Purdue students that are enrolled in the Pre-Veterinary Program or Veterinary Nursing Program are eligible. Learn more about our volunteering opportunities.
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. A background check will be required for employment in this position.