Turnaround Time: 3 - 10 business days
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Species: Canine, Feline
Cystocentesis is the preferred collection method. Clean catheterization and clean free catch samples will be accepted. Do not collect urine through an indwelling catheter. Please indicate the collection method on the submission form.
If shipping different tissue types, clearly label each container with owner and animal ID (if applicable) and sample/tissue type. Ship specimens overnight with an ice pack. DO NOT SHIP OVER WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY.
Additional InformationThis is a semi-quantitative test (relative quantities are reported) with interpretive criteria.
All urine cultures are set up with an enrichment. If the initial plates have no growth, the enrichment plate is held for 7 days to allow for delayed growth to appear.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf