Porcine Deltacoronavirus (PDCoV) PCR
Section: Molecular Diagnostics
Turnaround Time: 1 - 2 business days
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
8 - 10 grams
5 - 8 ml
SWABS: Synthetic (Dacron/polyester) swabs are recommended. Swabs should be placed in a viral transport system (examples: Viral Culturette, Becton Dickinson; Universal Transport Medium, Copan Diagnostics) or in a sterile, leakproof tube with 0.5 ml sterile saline/PBS. Any bacterial swab system (Amies agar, with or without charcoal) is unacceptable and will not be tested. Refrigerate sample(s) until shipment.
For pooling, samples must be collected, identified and submitted individually. The laboratory will pool samples. Oral fluid samples cannot be pooled.
OVERNIGHT - Ship overnight in an insulated shipper with ice packs (pack absorptive material to collect moisture) DO NOT SHIP OVER THE WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY - NO SATURDAY DELIVERY
PAPERWORK - Package paperwork separately in a waterproof, sealable plastic bag. Ensure paperwork is complete and specimens are labeled for easily matching. If you are using CF.755 Multiple Animal Continuation Form, please include a hard copy and email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FECES - Ensure container is securely sealed. Double bag all diarrhea samples to contain any leaks.
FRESH TISSUES - If shipping different tissue types, clearly label each container with owner and animal ID (if applicable) and sample/tissue type. Double bag ALL fresh tissues.
Additional InformationAlso available as part of the Porcine Enteric Coronavirus Multiplex PCR Screen (PEDV, PDCoV, TGE).
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf