Student Liaison Representatives
American Heartworm Society
- Senior Representatives: Sara Canada '20 and Christina Smith '20
Senior Representative: Caitlin Cherry ‘21
I work as a liaison between veterinary students and Rene Johnson (AVMA Life agent & Trust Representative), who is PVM’s financial advisor. I help set up meetings between current 4th years to discuss the benefits that AVMA Life can offer, and what to look for in their employment contracts. Distribute information and answer questions regarding what AVMA Life has to offer.
- Senior Representative: Caitlin Cherry ‘21
- Senior Representative: Javier Pino ‘21
Bayer Animal Health
Small Animal Senior Representative: Sarah Stram ‘20
My name is Sarash Stram and I am the 2018-2020 Bayer Animal Health Student Representative. Bayer Animal Health specializes in products used to treat, alleviate and prevent disease in animals both large and small. Bayer is committed to the health of our pets and performs extensive research into the parasiticides, supplements and antibiotics they offer. If you would like to know more about Bayer Animal Health or their products, I would love to answer any and all questions! If I’m not in Lynn, I’m usually out walking my 88 lb. lab mix, Miller or playing soccer. Like Bayer, I am interested in both large and small animals, and especially preventing disease before it has a chance to cause damage, which is why I believe in Bayer Animal Health.
City Way Animal Hospitals
- Senior Representative: Cameron Seger '22
Conye Veterinary Services
- Senior Representative: Aida Centeno '21
Craig Road Animal Hospital
- Senior Representative: Sarah Kurdziel '22
Dechra Veterinary Products
Senior Representative: Caitlin Cherry ‘21
I am the student representative for Dechra Veterinary Products. Dechra provides pharmaceutical veterinary products for dogs, cats, and horses. These products range from dermatology & joint therapy to endocrinology & dental. As a representative I work as an educator of Dechra’s various products and programs. If any clubs want detailed education on a specific conditions/disease I can work with you to bring in a professional veterinarian to hold a lunch n’ learn for the club.
- Senior Representative: Payton Thomas '21
- Senior Representative: Kyle Schmidt '21
- Co-Senior Representative: Shirissa Thompson ‘22
- Co-Senior Representative: Teilor Ruff ‘22
- Senior Representative: Grecia Carrero ‘21
- Junior Representative: Erica Glick ‘22
- Senior Representative: Jennifer Bauer '22
- Senior Representative: Tim Brunner '22
- Senior Representative: Rochelle Camden ‘21 and Monica Vogel '21
- Hi, my name is Rochelle Camden and I am from Carmel, Indiana. I have an interest in Small Animal medicine and would like to focus on Extracellular matrix for regenerative and physical therapy purposes. As a representative, I help answer questions in regard to Purina and set up events, such as Lunch and Learns, for the school!
- Junior Representatives: Kateyln Gannon '22
Nutramax is a nutraceutical company focused on supplements for dogs, cats, and horses. Their mission is “to serve the Lord and glorify Him using the gifts He has given our employees to research, develop, manufacture, and market products that improve the quality of life for people and their pets.” Some of their most popular products include Dasuquin, Denamarin, Cosequin, and Solliquin (among others).
The role of the student representative is to be a liaison between Nutramax. and Purdue. In doing so, I serve as a point of contact to answer questions as well as facilitate disbursement of information about things such as the Student Special Pricing Program.
- Senior Representative: Gina DiPasquale '21
Noah’s Animal Hospitals
Noah’s is a family owned, locally operated, AAHA accredited, 10 clinic practice in the greater Indianapolis area. Services range from low cost to specialty. Noah’s is passionate about mentoring students and provides wonderful internship and externships to Purdue students throughout vet school. We serve as liaisons to PVM students to share Noah’s educational opportunities. Learn more about Noah’s Animal Hospitals at https://www.noahshospitals.com/.
- Senior Representatives: Zhane Brown '21 and Payton Thomas '21
- Senior Representative: Sara Lennox '21
Royal Canin Food
- Senior Representative: Sarah Wunderlich ‘21
- Junior Representative: Erin Paul '23
- Senior Representative: Zhane Brown '21
- Junior Representative: Taylor Bolinger '22
Representative: Julianna DiMichele ‘21
Veterinary Centers of America (VCA) has over 880 freestanding small animal hospitals in North America and Canada, many of them looking for new graduate veterinarians, interns, externs and residents to hire onto their team. I work as a liaison between Purdue and VCA for recruitment of students who want to pursue these internships, externships or residencies after graduating, as well as interviewing for potential jobs with VCA. VCA strives to educate students early about the pros and cons about doing internships and what it takes to get matched into an internship and/or residency. VCA campus visits will also offer mock interviews and host round table discussions with the students. I am able to answer any questions about internships, externships, residencies or more about what VCA has to offer for students and newly graduating veterinarians, so please feel free to always reach out to me!
Senior Representative: Tetyana Sofiychuk '21
Senior Representative: Jeffrey Helfrich '21