Purdue Veterinary Medicine Speakers Bureau
Welcome! We understand that selecting the perfect speaker for your event is essential. The Purdue Veterinary Medicine Speakers Bureau was designed to make it easy for event organizers to connect with Purdue Veterinary Medicine faculty and staff to make speaking arrangements. Search by topic and then contact the speaker directly to make arrangements or get additional information.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits: The event organizer is responsible for providing CE credits for the event. Purdue University will not provide CE credits for the presentations below unless the event is delivered by the Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine's Office of Lifelong Learning.
Filter by category:
Carrie Fulkerson, DVM, MS, DACVR
- Going beyond the standard views: Tips and tricks to get more information out of your radiographic studies
- The good, the bad, and the ugly: Breaking down radiographic intestinal patterns.
Laurent Couetil, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVIM-LAIM
Couetil specializes in sports medicine and asthma in horses.
- How to diagnose and treat equine asthma
Janice Kritchevsky, VMD, MS, DACVIM
- Equine Endocrinology Update
Nickie Baird, DVM, MS, DACVS
- Food Animal Surgery
- Small Ruminant Surgery
- Camelid Surgery
Grant N. Burcham, DVM, PhD, Dipl ACVP
Grant specializes in diagnosing diseases of livestock and poultry.
- Diseases of Pastured Cattle
- Diagnostic Pathology of Reproductive Diseases in Swine
- Common Fatal Diseases of Cattle in Indiana:A Retrospective of Bovine Autopsies from the ADDL
- What Makes Chickens Sick?
Abigail Cox, DVM, PhD, DACVP
Abby specializes in characterization and validation of animal models of disease.
- Introduction to Veterinary Pathology
- Interesting Veterinary Pathology Cases
- Animal Models of Laryngeal Diseases
Larry Adams, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
- Updates in management of Chronic Kidney Disease in dogs and cats
- Diagnosis and management of recurrent UTI
- Management of refractory urinary incontinence
- Diagnosis and management of acute kidney injury
Aimee Brooks, DVM, MS, DACVECC
- CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- Common toxicities I and II
- DKA and HHS
- Triage: Approach to the trauma patient
Michael Childress, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Managing canine lymphomas: Getting the right diagnosis and choosing the right treatment
- Controlled Poisoning: Mastering the Death-Defying Art of Cancer Chemotherapy in Small Animals
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine for Cancer Patients: What you and Your Clients Should Know
- Coming Down from the Ivory Tower: Practicing Real-World Oncology on a Shoestring Budget
- The Top 5 Mistakes in Managing Small Animal Cancer Patients
Christopher Fulkerson, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Improving Bladder Cancer Management in Dogs
- Managing Chemotherapy Related Side Effects
Paulo Gomes, DVM, DACVD
- Pemphigus: An Autoimmune Complex
- Management of the Atopic Patient. Where to begin with obvious signs of poor management and chronic changes?
Paula Johnson, BS, DVM
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Fluid Therapy in the Small Animal Patient
- Shock: Pathophysiology and Treatment
- Transfusion Medicine
- Mechanical Ventilation
Mark Rochat, DVM, MS, DACVS
Rochat specializes in total joint replacement, arthroscopy, and trauma management.
- Fracture Management
- Wound Management
- External skeletal fixation
- Total joint replacement
- Developmental orthopedic diseases
J. Catharine Scott-Moncrieff, VET MB, MA, MS
Scott-Moncrieff specializes in endocrine disorders of dogs and cats.
- Insulin Therapy in Canine and Feline Diabetes Mellitus: An Update
- What’s New in Feline Hyperthyroidism?
- Canine Hypoadrenocorticism: Diagnosing and Treating the Difficult Cases
- Treatment of Canine Hyperadrenocorticism: Mitotane or Trilostane?
- Management of Difficult Diabetes Cases: A Case Based Approach
Sarah Steinbach,DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM-SAIM, Diplomate ECVIM-CA
- Diagnosis and Management of Acute Kidney Injury
- Overview of Hemodialysis
- Chronic Kidney Disease:Diagnosis, Staging and Management accordingto the International Renal Interest Society (IRIS)
- Diagnosis and managementof Protein-losing Nephropathy
Elizabeth Thomovsky, DVM, MS, DACVECC
- Acute respiratory distress in the dog and cat: what to do?
- Approach to acute seizures in dogs and cats
- Emergency ECG interpretation
- Neonatal diseases, dystocia
- Toxicities and common cat ERs
Stephen Hooser, DVM, PhD, DABVT
- Animal Poisonings
Brittany Laflen, RVT, VTS (Neurology)
- Nursing Care for Vestibular Patients
- Neuromuscular Disease for Veterinary Technicians
- Seizure Management for Veterinary Technicians
- Nursing the Critical Neurologic Patient
- Spinal Injury and Mobility
Courtney Waxman, MS, CVT, RVT, VTS (ECC)
Courtney specializes in emergency and critical care.
- Any/all ECC topics for veterinary technicians/nurses
- RECOVER BLS & ALS Rescuer Certification
- Tools for Success: The Path to VTS
Current faculty and staff can let us know you'd like to be listed.