Engagement and Outreach
Canine Welfare Science Website Created
The Education and Outreach team of the Croney Research Group has spent the past year developing a new Canine Welfare Science website with funding from The Life of Riley at Spring Point. The site aims to promote the welfare of dogs by providing carefully curated, science-based information from a variety of sources that are easily accessible and relevant to commercial dog breeders, shelters, pet families, and other individuals and organizations that care about dogs. Our goal is to bridge knowledge gaps within the canine caretaker community and to connect communities of caretakers with the shared goal of supporting the welfare of dogs living in breeding, research, teaching, and sheltering kennels as well as in homes. The website continues to grow during the development process, but there are many, many resources you can access now. Visit the site at https://caninewelfarescience.com.
2023 Canine Welfare Science Forum - In-person and Virtual Event
Saturday, June 24, 2023
9:00 am - 4:30 pm ET
Please join us for the 2023 Canine Welfare Science Forum at the Courtyard by Marriott in Lafayette, Indiana on Saturday, June 23-24, 2023. The Canine Welfare Science Forum 2023 focuses on canine welfare science topics of relevance to dog breeders, shelters, kennel managers and caretakers, scientists, regulators, students, pet industry personnel, and interested others. Join us for a day packed with networking, learning, and engagement.
- Agenda - View Agenda Here
- Registration Information and Link - https://cvent.me/dbxb0D
- Hotel Information - Hotel Information
- Continuing Education Credit will be available
Canine Care Certified 2nd Cohort Breeder Celebration
Friday, June 23, 2023
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm ET
Canine Care Certified will celebrate the program's second cohort of certified breeding kennels on the evening before the Canine Welfare Science Forum. The registration link is on the Canine Welfare Science Forum online registration page (linked above). Canine Care Certified is a voluntary, nationwide program that addresses the health and overall welfare of dogs in the care of breeders in the United States. Congratulations to all the breeders who worked through the process to have their kennels certified.
- Informal networking and new breeder registration - hors d’oeuvres and soft drinks will be served
- Recognition of the 2nd Cohort Canine Care Certified breeders
- Update and overview of the Canine Care Certified program
- Overview of the canine welfare auditing process
- Breeder Panel; perspectives on participating in the Canine Care Certified program
- Q & A
Canine Welfare Science ForumThe annual program addresses canine welfare topics of relevance to dog breeders, shelters, kennel managers and caretakers, scientists, regulators, students, and pet industry personnel.
- 2022 Canine Welfare Science Forum - June 24-25, 2022
- 2021 Canine Welfare Science Forum - Postponed due to COVID-19
- 2020 Canine Welfare Science Forum - Postponed due to COVID-19
- 2019 Canine Welfare Science Forum
- 2018 Canine Welfare Science Forum
- 2017 Canine Welfare Science Forum
- 2016 Canine Welfare Science Forum
Canine Care Certified ProgramCanine Care Certified is a nationwide, voluntary program that addresses the health and overall welfare of dogs in the care of breeders in the United States.