Welcome to Dr. Laurent L. Couëtil's Equine Respiratory Disease Research Program
Our research focuses on inflammatory respiratory disease in horses. Our interests include detection and treatment of airway inflammation to aid in the clinical management of disease in horses and to advance the use of the horse as a model of respiratory disease in humans.
Select Recent publications
- Inflammatory Airway Disease of Horses-Revised Consensus Statement. Couëtil LL, Cardwell JM, Gerber V, Lavoie JP, Léguillette R, Richard EA.J Vet Intern Med. 2016 Jan 24.
- Secretoglobin and Transferrin Expression in Bronchoalveolar Lavage Fluid of Horses with Chronic Respiratory Disease. Miskovic Feutz M, Couetil LL, Riley CP, Zhang X, Adamec J, Raskin RE. J Vet Intern Med. 2015 Nov;29(6):1692-9.
- Exercise induced pulmonary hemorrhage in horses: American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine consensus statement. Hinchcliff KW, Couetil LL, Knight PK, Morley PS, Robinson NE, Sweeney CR, van Erck E. J Vet Intern Med. 2015 May-Jun;29(3):743-58.
- Omega-3 fatty acid supplementation provides an additional benefit to a low-dust diet in the management of horses with chronic lower airway inflammatory disease. Nogradi N, Couetil LL, Messick J, Stochelski MA, Burgess JR. J Vet Intern Med. 2015 Jan;29(1):299-306.
- Investigating the link between particulate exposure and airway inflammation in the horse. Ivester KM, Couëtil LL, Zimmerman NJ. J Vet Intern Med. 2014 Nov-Dec;28(6):1653-65.
- Environmental exposures and airway inflammation in young thoroughbred horses. Ivester KM, Couëtil LL, Moore GE, Zimmerman NJ, Raskin RE. J Vet Intern Med. 2014 May-Jun;28(3):918-24.
- Comparison of genomic and proteomic data in recurrent airway obstruction affected horses using Ingenuity Pathway Analysis®. Racine J, Gerber V, Feutz MM, Riley CP, Adamec J, Swinburne JE, Couetil LL. BMC Vet Res. 2011 Aug 15;7:48.
- Comparative efficacy of inhaled albuterol between two hand-held delivery devices in horses with recurrent airway obstruction. Bertin FR, Ivester KM, Couëtil LL. Equine Vet J. 2011 Jul;43(4):393-8.
- Efficacy and safety of sound wave treatment of recurrent airway obstruction in horses. Goncarovs KO, Miskovic Feutz M, Perez-Moreno C, Couetil LL. J Vet Intern Med. 2010 Nov-Dec;24(6):1503-8.