Avian Respiratory PCR Panel (ILT, MS, MG, NDV)
Section: Molecular Diagnostics
Turnaround Time: 1 - 2 business days
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Species: Avian, Chicken, Turkey
Swabs - oropharyngeal, tracheal, bronchial
GENERAL - Label all containers with appropriate information - Animal ID, Owner Name, Veterinarian, Sample Type, Date.
REFRIGERATION - Refrigerate all samples until shipment.
SWAB (fecal, respiratory, tissue, purulent) - Synthetic (Dacron/polyester) swabs are recommended. Swabs should be placed in a viral transport system (examples: Viral Culturette, Becton Dickinson; Universal Transport Medium, Copan Diagnostics) or in a sterile, leak proof tube with 0.5 ml sterile. Please only utilize bacterial culturette systems for bacterial culture.
OVERNIGHT - Ship overnight in an insulated shipper with ice packs (pack absorptive material to collect moisture) DO NOT SHIP OVER THE WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY - NO SATURDAY DELIVERY
LEAKS - Ensure all samples are in leak proof packages and clearly labeled with Tissue Type/Animal ID/Owner Name. Include absorptive material to collect any leaks - double bag any fresh tissues.
PAPERWORK - Package paperwork separately in a waterproof, sealable plastic bag. Ensure paperwork is complete and specimens are labeled for easily matching. If you are using CF.755 Multiple Animal Continuation Form, please include a hard copy and email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BULK - Please include bulk material inside the shipping box to prevent samples from moving or being crushed during transit (loose glass blood tube and an ice pack will always break).
SWAB - Ship swabs in a sealed container with the appropriate media or in the proper commercial swab transport device.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf