The Fortin Drug Discovery Laboratory is researching new treatments for both humans and animals.
Drug discovery projects in human medicine
- Alzheimer's Disease (amyloid-beta and hyperphosphorylated tau)
- Parkinson’s Disease (alpha-synuclein)
- Type 2 Diabetes (islet amyloid polypeptide)
Drug discovery projects in veterinary medicine
- Equine pars intermedia pituitary deficiency and alpha-synuclein misfolding
- Feline diabetes and islet amyloid polypeptide aggregation
- Specific cat breeds and serum amyloid A aggregation
Join Our Team
Find out about opportunities for undergraduate and graduate researchers and be a part of the exciting research happening in the Fortin Drug Discovery Lab.
Learn more about how you can donate to support our lab's work .