Distance Learning - Financial Aid

The Veterinary Nursing Office cannot answer questions about Financial Aid.

Financial Aid Information specific to admitted/registered students is available in myPurdue.

For further information please contact the Division of Financial Aid at facontact@purdue.edu or dfa-pol@lists.purdue.edu

Frequently Asked Questions about Financial Aid:

As a student taking less than 6 credit hours, am I eligible for a loan deferment?

No, in-school deferments require at least half-time (6+ credit hours) enrollment.

I already have a degree; am I eligible to receive financial aid?

Yes, but only Stafford Loans if you are meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) or private alternative loans. View your SAP status through your myPurdue account. You may be required to submit an appeal if you have a SAP denial due to exceeding the maximum number of credit hours allowed or other reasons. Credit hours from your previous degree are included in the total calculation. No guarantee of an appeal approval is available, and processing takes approximately 3 weeks.

If I don't qualify for traditional financial aid, do I have other payment options?

You may sign up for the Installment Plan through your myPurdue account and make monthly payments to the Bursar each semester.

If I am denied financial aid, what are my options to appeal the decision?

You may appeal SAP denials as noted above. However, you cannot appeal the 6 credit hour minimum to receive financial aid. This is a Federal regulation.

I was admitted two weeks before the start of the semester; can I still receive financial aid?

Yes, as long as you meet the requirements. Processing of financial aid will typically take longer than 2 weeks, so you will need to pay your bill in full or sign up for the installment plan and make the first payment by the start of the semester to avoid your classes being cancelled for non-payment.

If I am waiting for my financial aid to be processed, what other payment options are provided by Purdue?

You need to pay your bill in full or sign up for the Installment Plan and make the first payment by the start of the semester to avoid your classes being cancelled.

If I need to take 6 credit hours to receive financial aid, is it okay to take a class that is not required for my degree?

No, financial aid may only be provided for courses listed on the Veterinary Nursing Distance Learning plan of study that are related to your academic program.

Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine, 625 Harrison Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-7607

© 2022 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by PVM Web Communications

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact PVM Web Communications at vetwebteam@purdue.edu.