Parking Information Released in Anticipation of New Building Construction
Changes are on the horizon as the Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine moves closer to the exciting start of construction of the new Veterinary Teaching Hospital! In anticipation of the establishment of the construction zone in the parking areas east of Lynn Hall, Purdue Parking and Transportation Services this week announced a new parking plan for the College. The permanent changes will begin on or after January 1, 2020.
The majority of the parking spaces east of Lynn Hall, the Animal Holding Facility, and the Utility Plant Office Facility will be unavailable. Only a limited amount of spaces will be available for client parking for the Small Animal Hospital.
To help offset the loss of these parking spaces, the following changes have been made to nearby parking locations (see map):
- The parking lot east of Sheetz Street, which used to be for A, B, and C permits, has been restricted to A and B permit parking only, to increase availability.
- Beginning in January, RE500 handicap spaces in the area impacted by the construction will be relocated to parking spaces opposite (north) of the main entrance to Lynn Hall (just west of the greenhouses).
- Beginning in January, parking spaces west of Lynn Hall, the Veterinary Pathobiology Research Building, the Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, and the Veterinary Animal Isolation Buildings 1 and 2 will be converted to A permit only parking.
Additional parking may be found in the following parking locations:
- A permit parking is available in the Harrison Street Parking Garage.
- Parking for A, B, and C permit holders is available in the Discovery Park parking lot located adjacent to the Harrison Street and Martin Jischke Drive roundabout. The CityBus Outer Loop provides regular service at 15-minute intervals between that lot and Lynn Hall.
Faculty and staff members interested in upgrading their parking permit (such as from B to A) may do so by sending an email request to email@example.com.
Initial signs of the pending construction will begin to be visible after Thanksgiving. Crews will begin installing posts for the eventual construction fencing that will encircle the parking areas east of Lynn Hall following the Thanksgiving holiday break. But access to those parking areas will remain open until the beginning of the Winter Recess period.
Writer(s): Kevin Doerr | firstname.lastname@example.org