Medicine of Aquatics, Amphibians, and Reptiles (MOAAR) Symposium
Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine’s (PVM) Veterinary Exotic Animal Club invites you to the 2nd biennial Medicine of Aquatics, Amphibians, and Reptiles (MOAAR) Symposium! The Symposium will provide veterinary professionals and students the opportunity to develop the skillsets for treating aquatic, amphibian, and reptilian patients by learning from experts in these fields.
The 2019 MOAAR Symposium will be held November 9th & 10th, 2019. Two concurrent tracks: 1) Amphibian/Reptilian Medicine and 2) Aquatic Medicine will feature both lectures and wet labs. Cara Field, DVM, PhD, DACZM of the Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito, California will discuss “Experiences in Aquatic Animal Medicine and Rehabilitation” in her Keynote Lecture. Additional speakers include: Dr. Angela Lennox, Dr. Roberta Wallace, Dr. Frank Paladino, Dr. Alejandro Morales, Dr. Carrie Ullmer, Dr. John Griffioen, Dr. Julia Becker, Dr. Jennifer Langan, Dr. Jennifer Strasser, Dr. Joseph Scimeca, Dr. Lori Corriveau, Dr. Steve Thompson, and Abigail Rosenblum.
The MOAAR Symposium is the sister symposium to the Medicine of Mammalian and Avian Species (MMAS), which is offered in alternating years.
MOAAR attendees must secure their own overnight lodging. Purdue Veterinary Medicine has a hotel room block at the Hilton Garden Inn West Lafayette (765) 743-2100 (Purdue rate $103 + tax/fees per night).
- Reproductive Diseases - Dr. Angela Lennox
- Amphibian/Reptile Surgery - Dr. Angela Lennox
- Reptile Pharmacology - Dr. Angela Lennox
- Chelonian Conservation - Dr. Alejandro Morales
- Diagnostic Challenges in Reptile Medicine - Dr. Carrie Ullmer
- Emergency and Critical Care in Reptiles - Dr. Julia Becker
- Herp Hobbyist Hysteria: Reptiles and the Media - Joe Richichi
- Mexican axolotl salamanders: Captive care and veterinary overview - Joe Richichi
- Reptile Parasitology - Dr. Jennifer Langan
- Anesthesia & Analgesia in Reptiles - Dr. Jennifer Langan
- Hematology & Venipuncture in Reptiles - Abigail Rosenblum, RVT
- Pet Dragons in our Homes: America’s Favorite Lizard - Dr. Steve Thompson
Aquatic Animals Track
- Stranded Marine Mammal Medicine - Dr. Cara Field
- Penguin Medicine - Dr. Roberta Wallace
- 40 Years of Marine Turtle Conservation: What have we learned? - Dr. Frank Paladino
- Common Aquarium Presentations and Cases of Elasmobranchs, Teleosts, and Invertebrates - Dr. Cara Field
- Cetacean Medicine - Dr. John Griffioen
- Diagnostic Techniques in Fish - Dr. John Griffioen