Transfer Admission Policy
The criteria for consideration of transfer admission to Purdue’s veterinary medical program are as follows:
- Positions must be available in the relevant class
- Student must be in good academic standing in his/her program
- Student must have completed one to two years of DVM courses with an exceptional academic record in those courses
- Veterinary medical curricula must be compatible
- Student must have support of the administration from the program in which he/she is currently enrolled.
As list of interest transfer applicant is not maintained. If you feel that you meet the requirements for transfer consideration, please submit the following preliminary information NO LATER than June 1st prior to the fall you wish to matriculate.
- Letter of request to transfer outlining specific reasons for your request
- Letter of support from the Dean's Office at your current school
- Official academic transcripts from all institutions attended
- Official veterinary medical academic transcripts should include grades for all semesters completed
- A copy of your GRE scores
The Admissions Committee will not entertain these request until early June in order to have an understanding of available class space. Notifications will occur by mid-July.
Submit application material to:Purdue University College of Veterinary MedicineStudent ServicesTransfer Application625 Harrison StreetWest Lafayette, IN 47907or email to: email@example.com