Veterinary Technology Distance Learning
ARE YOU WORKING AS A VETERINARY ASSISTANT AND WANT TO ADVANCE YOUR CAREER?
You work hard every day as a veterinary assistant and you love what you do, but you want to do more. Now you can! Take classes and work towards your degree in veterinary technology while still caring for your patients.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CAREER CHANGE?
You go to work every day to earn a living, but you are not passionate about what you do. You have always loved animals, but thought a career in veterinary medicine was out of your reach. You can take classes in veterinary technology while earning a living.
WE HAVE THE ANSWER FOR YOU:
GET YOUR VETERINARY TECHNOLOGY DEGREE ONLINE WHILE YOU WORK!
Earn your associate degree in veterinary technology from Purdue University’s Veterinary Technology Distance Learning program. Our program started in 1999 and is a part of Purdue University’s world-renowned College of Veterinary Medicine. The program is fully accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
- Highest VTNE pass rate among comparable distance learning programs - 89.5%
- Only distance learning program to offer the opportunity for students to participate in a study abroad adventure in Guatemala. (Prezi)
Our Veterinary Technology Distance Learning program is affordable and convenient since there is no set time to attend classes. You do your work when it works for you. Classes begin in January, June, and August.
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE HAPPENS WHERE IT IS CONVENIENT FOR YOU
You, as a student, will gain real world clinical experience during the program. In addition, you will have easy access to our knowledgeable, helpful, and passionate faculty and staff.
You do not need any prior veterinary experience to begin taking classes, but we do strongly recommend that you work alongside a veterinarian or credentialed veterinary technician as you take classes. This way, you can build your relationships with people who are working in the veterinary profession, apply what you are learning, and gain experience in your dream job.
WHY CHOOSE PURDUE UNIVERSITY?
- We are a nationally known and respected veterinary college and veterinary technology program
- It only takes 70 credit hours to earn your associates degree and 62 of them are dedicated to veterinary technology topics
- Our 2015 graduation rate was 3 times that of similar programs
- Our tuition is the same for everyone, no matter where you live around the country or around the world
- Our small class sizes mean more individual attention and that our instructors take a personal interest in helping you
- Our academic advisors customize your plan of study and keep track of your progress to ensure your academic success
- Your degree will be from Purdue University, a world-renowned leader in science, research, and veterinary medicine
The employment of veterinary technologists and technicians is expected to grow 30% by 2022. (Bureau of Labor and Statistics). Opportunities for employment include:
- Veterinary private practice
- Veterinary Teaching Hospitals
- Academic Institutions
- Research Laboratories
- Animal Shelters
- Veterinary Sales & Marketing
- Public Health
- Practice Management