Jump to featured news Jump to other news and events
- The program features three days of intensive instruction using an experienced, specialized faculty in each of four management areas; human resources, accounting & finance, marketing, and strategic planning.
- Participants receive Continuing Education Credits (CEs) for completion of each module. Participants satisfactorily completing all four modules receive a Veterinary Practice Management Program Certificate from the Krannert School of Management and the College of Veterinary Medicine at Purdue.
- The program emphasizes analytical skills that have practical application to decision making in the veterinary practice. Business case presentations, used extensively as an instructional vehicle, reinforce the program's applied orientation.
- Frequent opportunities are provided for productive interaction with practitioners and practice team decision-makers representing a broad range of veterinary businesses and geographic locations.
- Each module accommodates the unique business needs of a practice team with convenient Friday-Saturday-Sunday seminars that minimize time away from the practice on weekdays and maximize the benefits to participants of weekend travel discounts.
- To gain the most from class time and the instructors´ presentations, participants will receive pre-session reading materials and assignments to complete prior to their arrival on campus. Participants also should anticipate some evening group study and case preparation assignments.
- The program also offers the opportunity to attend casual, evening clinical updates. These update feature state-of-the-art medical topics at the Purdue Veterinary Teaching Hospital and are designed to be informative without requiring a DVM degree.
- Facilities of Purdue University's West Lafayette, Indiana, campus and the Krannert Center for Executive Education and Research are utilized. The Krannert Center features comfortably appointed, arena-style classrooms, smaller study rooms for break-out group interaction, comfortable lounges, and state-of-the-art audio-visual and computer equipment.
- Increase the knowledge base for effective decision making and on-the-job performance with an integrated series of management courses designed to increase overall managerial effectiveness.
- Improve the profitability and quality of the participants’ business by providing state-of-the–art management techniques, tools, and skills in areas particularly relevant to the practicing veterinarian and practice team manager. These areas concentrate in human resource management, accounting & financial management and marketing management.
- Promote the importance of long-term, strategic thinking by providing the participants with the training and planning skills that are essential for preparing a practice for the future.
- Study real-world business issues in a stimulating, interactive academic setting. VPMP participants develop a broader understanding of the competitive environment in which veterinarians operate by exploring the problems and opportunities emerging from a rapidly changing industry. Participants will interact and share experiences with veterinary colleagues to learn ways to cope and with common management issues.