The Student Chapter of American Shelter Veterinarians (SCASV) is not only about exposing students to shelter medicine but it is also about being involved in the community. Last year we had joined with the Feline Club to put together an adoption for homeless cats in the area at a local PetSmart and also went to Almost Home Shelter in Lafayette to perform fecals, heartworm tests, and Feline Leukemia/FIV tests. Already for this year we have two guest speakers already planned to speak to us about various shelter topics. Other things in the process of being planned on for the year are a low-cost vaccine clinic for the Tippecanoe community, a suturing wet-lab, and pet portrait photos. We have a lot of plans for the future, please join us and become a part of this new and emerging club!
Shelter Medicine Club Officers
- President - Olivia Consoli '23
- President-Elect - Maxine White '24
- Treasurer - Heather Fumia '23
- Secretary - Mia Chevez '23
- Fundraising Chair - Mariana Portella '23
- Faculty Advisor - Dr. Carol Fellenstein, Purdue University Veterinary Hospital