Funding Opportunities for PVM International Programs
There are a ton of funding opportunities available to Veterinary students for international experiences!
After reviewing the information below, be sure to make an appointment with the IP Office to find out how to put your application in the best position for scholarship success.
- Purdue Veterinary Medicine scholarships will be available for 2015/2016 for students travelling internationally for study abroad experiences. Scholarships will be awards of up to $1500 per student and award recipients will be chosen by a faculty committee. Awards will be made to first and second year DVM students and Veterinary Technology students for summer international experiences and to third year students for senior year international externships and off campus blocks. Recipients will be chosen based on how the proposed international experience will advance the educational, career, and cultural objectives of the student. Students applying for scholarships are strongly encouraged to enroll in VM 80900 (International Veterinary Medicine). If they do not enroll in VM 80900 they will be required to either attend the lecture on universal safety precautions or alternatively view the lecture on-line.
The deadline for application for PVM international travel scholarships is 5:00 p.m. Friday, February 26, 2016. Recipients will be announced March 21, 2016. Please contact the International Programs office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
- The Indiana Veterinary Medical Association (IVMA) and Indiana Animal Health Foundation (IAHF) have established a scholarship fund for students at Purdue University. The IVMA will award 5 - $1000 scholarships and the IAHF will award 2 - $1000 scholarships. The deadline for this scholarship is Friday, October 30, 2015.
- The International Veterinary Experience Scholarship is funded by the International Veterinary Experience Committee (IVEC) of the Student American Veterinary Medical Association (SAVMA).The International Veterinary Experience Scholarship is awarded to deserving SAVMA members who demonstrate a strong desire to participate in a veterinary-related international experience. Eight awards will be distributed this year in the amount of $500 each. Applications must be electronically submitted NO LATER THAN January 19, 2016 at 11:59 PM.
- To promote the global exchange of ideas and culture, and to improve veterinary education worldwide, IVSA annually provides between 50 and 100 scholarships of $500-$2000 for veterinary students to use for their educational needs, such as traveling abroad to gather valuable experience with veterinarians in a different country to their own. The deadline for this scholarship for 2016 has passed, applications will open up again in August 2016.
- Purdue will offer the following scholarships to Purdue WL degree seeking undergraduate students applying for a credit bearing, Study Abroad approved program. Students are limited to one short scholarship ($2,000 or $1000) and one full semester scholarship ($3,000) for the duration of their studies at Purdue. The priority deadlines for these scholarships are November 1st (Spring); January 15th (Spring Break); and April 1st (Fall and Summer)
- The Foundation for Global Scholars (FGS) created a foundation to mitigate the incremental costs of study abroad programs through scholarship support. Programs must be at least 28 days or 4 weeks. The deadline for programs that begin from Jan 1st-Jun 30, 2016 is November 20, 2015.
- The American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF) is the charitable arm of the AVMA. For over 50 years, the AVMF has been dedicated to our mission of embracing and advancing the well-being and medical care of animals. Charitable contributions and support to the Foundation help veterinarians help animals. The "2nd Opportunity Research Scholarship" deadline is January 15,2016. The "Auxiliary to the AVMA Legacy Endowed Scholarship" application dadline is October 15,2015.
- The International Scholarship Search is the premier financial aid, college scholarship and international scholarship resource for students wishing to study abroad. At this site, you will find the most comprehensive listing of grants, scholarships, loan programs, and other information to assist college and university students in their pursuit to study abroad.
- For 2015, National Debt Relief is creating a new scholarship for students interested in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) majors. National Debt Relief will award 5 scholarships of $1,000 each to outstanding college students pursuing studies in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) fields. The application deadline for this scholarship is January 31, 2016.
- Founded in 2014 by world traveler, Leon Logothetis, the Human Interaction Project (HIP) aims to educate others through real life, hands on experiences that impact change on an individual and global level.
- 1st Quarter Deadline - March 30th
- 2nd Quarter Deadline - June 30th
- 3rd Quarter Deadline - September 30th
- 4th Quarter Deadline - December 31st
- LIVFund was established in 2011 in order to recognize and proudly support study, internship and volunteer opportunities in Latin America. LIVFund is excited to offer its scholarship in 21 countries. LIVFund will award two scholarships per month to selected recipients in the amount of $500 each.