2021 Centers for the Human-Animal Bond Conference
November 4th & 5th, 2021
The 2021 Centers for the Human-Animal Bond (CHAB) conference will provide a critical opportunity to bring together a diverse set of national and international academic Human-Animal Interaction centers and institutes. This conference will serve as a platform for interdisciplinary conversation with opportunities for the exchange and discussion of new ideas for future research in regards to animal-assisted interventions and additional dimensions of the human-animal bond.
The first CHAB conference was hosted in 2006 and in 2016 a 10-year follow-up conference continued the conversation. Both of these previous conferences resulted in special issues in peer-reviewed journals (2008 in JVME and 2018 in HAIB). The 2021 Conference will continue this legacy. Periodic and structured dialogue and coordination by these multi-disciplinary and geographically diverse human-animal interaction centers are critical to accelerating the advancement of the field of human-animal interaction and collaboration across disciplines. The advancement of the field will lead to further understanding regarding the physiological, psychological, and cultural implications of the human-animal bond.
- November 4th, 2021: FREE and open to the public. Engaging plenaries and panels on human-animal interaction. Registration is live.
- November 5th, 2021: Invite only for leadership from Centers/Institutes for human-animal interaction.
If you have questions or would like to include your center/institute in the meeting, please email email@example.com
Thank you to our sponsors:
The conference is also supported by the Purdue College of Veterinary Medicine Center for the Human-Animal Bond and Purdue University Office of the Provost.
- Office of Lifelong Learning
- Upcoming Events and Workshops
- Online Learning Catalog
- Purdue Veterinary Conference
- Purdue Calving School
- Veterinary Nursing Symposium
- MOAAR Symposium
- 2021 Centers for the Human-Animal Bond Conference
- Coppoc One Health Lecture Series
- Veterinary Practice Management Program (VPMP)
- Contact Our Office