Bluetongue Virus (AGID)
Turnaround Time: 1 - 2 business days
Days Test Started: Thursday
Red top Vacutainer tube or equivalent
0.5 – 1 ml
GENERAL - Label all containers with appropriate information - Animal ID, Owner Name, Veterinarian, Sample Type, Date.
REFRIGERATION - Refrigerate all samples until shipment.
SERUM - Collect blood in a red top or tiger top blood tube. Allow the sample to clot at room temperature before centrifuging or refrigerating. Serum may be submitted in a spun down tiger top or poured off after spinning into a secondary tube. If submitting specimens from multiple animals, 1) label each tube sequentially (e.g., 1, 2, 3…) to correspond to the specimen/animal order on the submission form; 2) for each specimen, list animal IDs on submission form; and, 3) if >10 animals per submission, please submit an electronic spreadsheet with animal IDs (in sequential order) – this will facilitate accessioning and data entry, reducing turn-around time.
OVERNIGHT - Ship overnight in an insulated shipper with ice packs (pack absorptive material to collect moisture) DO NOT SHIP OVER THE WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY - NO SATURDAY DELIVERY
PAPERWORK - Package paperwork separately in a waterproof, sealable plastic bag. Ensure paperwork is complete and specimens are labeled for easily matching. If you are using CF.755 Multiple Animal Continuation Form, please include a hard copy and email a copy to email@example.com.
SERUM - Package blood tubes in a blood tube box or wrap securely with paper towel or bubble wrap to provide protection.
Additional InformationADDL West Lafayette location tests will be started on Thursday. Samples must be received by 2:00 pm the Wednesday prior.
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf