Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus (BRSV) VN
Turnaround Time: 1-2 weeks, advance notification of submissions will decrease turnaround time
Days Test Started: Monday,Tuesday,Friday
Red top Vacutainer tube or equivalent
0.5 – 1 ml*
GENERAL - Label all containers with appropriate information - Animal ID, Owner Name, Veterinarian, Sample Type, Date.
REFRIGERATION - Refrigerate all samples until shipment.
SERUM - Collect blood in a red top or tiger top blood tube. Allow the sample to clot at room temperature before centrifuging or refrigerating. Serum may be submitted in a spun down tiger top or poured off after spinning into a secondary tube. If submitting specimens from multiple animals, 1) label each tube sequentially (e.g., 1, 2, 3…) to correspond to the specimen/animal order on the submission form; 2) for each specimen, list animal IDs on submission form; and, 3) if >10 animals per submission, please submit an electronic spreadsheet with animal IDs (in sequential order) – this will facilitate accessioning and data entry, reducing turn-around time.
OVERNIGHT - Ship overnight in an insulated shipper with ice packs (pack absorptive material to collect moisture) DO NOT SHIP OVER THE WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY - NO SATURDAY DELIVERY
SERUM - Package blood tubes in a blood tube box or wrap securely with paper towel or bubble wrap to provide protection.
Additional InformationRequest tests on the Serology submission form.
Notify the lab before sending more than 4 samples. Advance notification of sample submissions of any number may decrease the test turn around time. Related Bovine Respiratory Panel
- Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory Home
- Search Tests
- Lab Locations & Contacts
- About Us
- Submissions and Forms
- Online Test Results
- Policies & Fees
- Accession Submission Forms
- Indiana ADDL Submission Form Instructions.pdf
- Aquatic Submission Form.pdf
- Avian Health Submission Form.pdf
- Commercial Poultry Incident Form.pdf
- Companion Animal Submission Form.pdf
- Necropsy Submission Form.pdf
- Ruminant Submission Form.pdf
- Serology Submission Form.pdf
- Surgical Pathology/Biopsy Form.pdf
- Swine Herd Health Form.pdf
- Toxicology Submission Form.pdf
- Multiple Animal Continuation Form.xlsx
- New Client Information Form.pdf
- Submitting Veterinarian Release Form.pdf
- Supply Order Form.pdf