PVM Awards for Outstanding Staff
The following PVM awards honor outstanding Purdue Veterinary Medicine staff. For those awards requiring nominations, links are provided to the nomination materials. Please note applicable restrictions and nomination deadlines.
Due: March 13, 2020 - Dean's Office
Purpose: To Recognize excellence of endeavors of employees of the College who are not faculty members.
- All non-faculty permanent employees not primarily engaged in research-related activities of the PVM and directly associated units (including but not limited to the Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, the PVM Research Animal Facility, the PVM Business Office, and the PVM Library).
- Recipients of the award shall be inelegible for reconsideration during the following year only.
Criteria for Selection:
- Any number of eligible staff members may be nominated to the Selection Committee.
- There shall not be more than two awards per year. One award will be limited to nominees from the Veterinary Teaching Hospital and Veterinary Clinical Sciences Department. The other award will be limited to nominees from Basic Medical Sciences Department, Veterinary Administration Department, and Veterinary Pathobiology Department.
- Criteria for selection are judged performances and contributions in one or more of the following:
- Excellence in service to the students, staff, faculty, and other constituencies of the College.
- Excellence in enhancing the image of the College with its public.
- Excellence in public and professional services and relations.
- Exceptional performance of assigned duties above and beyond that ordinarily expected of the position.
Past recipients include:
From the Veterinary Teaching Hospital and Veterinary Clinical Sciences Departments: Amalia de Gortari (2006), Donna Griffey (2007), Patty Kirts (2008), and Pat Navarre (2009), Samantha Stevenson (2010), Nicole Rosen (2011), Donna Tudor (2012), Lindsey Fourez (2014), Cindy Voglewede (2015), Stephanie Stillwell (2016), Amy Huffman, RVT, Jessica Roller (2018), Jeannine Henry, RVT (2019), and Theresa Jeffrey (2019).
From the departments of Basic Medical Sciences, Veterinary Administration, and Comparative Pathobiology: Ruth Brown (2006), Carol Wilson (2007), Barbara White (2008), Mary Woodruff (2009), Barbara Kirts (2010), Cindy Sterret (2012), Karen Crane (2014), Amanda Schoolcraft (2015), Pam Hartman (2016), Dennis Barnett (2017), Dr. Kauline Cipriani (2017).
Outstanding Research Staff Award
Due: May 1, 2020 - Research Office
Past awardees include: Patty Bonney (2006), Anisa Dunham (2007), Debra Bohnert (2008), Kathleen Anderson (2010), Robyn McCain (2018), and Dr. Deepika Dhawan (2019).
The Bravo Award
Purpose: This award is given to faculty and staff to recognize, honor, and highlight their contributions to moving Purdue forward.
Past awardees include: Elaine Baird (2016), Allison Carey (2016), Angie Chan (2016), Debbie Johnson (2016), Velina Lindley (2016), Ann Walters (2016), Donna Schrader (2016), Katrina Miller (2016), Manoel Figueiredo Meto (2016), Tony Scalone (2016), Donna Schrader (2016), Ann Walters (2016), Crystal Hagan (2016), Lexie Hayenga (2016), William Kielhorn (2016), Jason Lee (2016), Gabrielle Shafer (2016), Marisol Uribe (2016), Adrianne Fisch (2017), Jan Goetz (2017), Jesse Mabbitt (2017), Nicholas O’Neill (2017), Gloria Powell (2017), Cassandra Simmons (2017), Steve Vollmer (2017), Kathy Allen (2017), Susan Boesch (2017), Dee DuSold (2017), Larissa Budreau (2017), LeAnna Sanders (2017), Lisa Wright (2017), Eric Zamora-Moran (2017), Paige Allen (2018), Patty Bonney (2018), Ariel Werner Bontrager (2018), Tressa Bowman (2018), Kathleen Burke (2018), Josh Clark (2018), Lindsey Fourez (2018), Martie Knill (2018), Sarah Lahrman (2018), Julie Lewellen (2018), Samantha McFarland (2018), Pam Phegley (2018), Julie Roahrig(2018), Chris Royce (2018), Jessica Schneider (2018), Angie Chan (2019), Victor Bernal-Crespo (2019), Patty Kirts (2019), Dr. Teresa Buchheit (2019), Dr. Caroline Gillespie Harmon (2019), Dr. Stephanie Inoue (2019), Dr. Tomo Inoue (2019), Dr. Kellie McGrady (2019), Jennifer Ashley, RVT (2019), Danielle Buchanan, RVT (2019), Rose Giroux, RVT (2019), Jeannine Henry, RVT (2019), Jordan Williams, RVT (2019), and Carol Zink, RVT (2019).
For more information, click here.