World-Class $12 Million Purdue Regional Equine Diagnostic and Surgical Center
"The economic implications of the equine industry on the State economy are significant..."
- Indiana Equine industry Economic Impact Health Study, September, 2011
Located in the shadow of Indiana Downs in Shelbyville, this advanced referral hospital will complement the Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine's Large Animal Hospital in West Lafayette, and promote the health and performance of equine athletes through top-quality emergency medical services, groundbreaking equine research, and expanded training opportunities for future equine specialists.
- Preliminary architect's renderings and a site development plan are complete and can be viewed here.
- A site has been aquired that will accommodate the 23,000 square foot facility on 20 acres.
- Plans for the referral facility include advanced medical equipment, emergency veterinary care, specialized equine surgery capability, and advanced medical imaging.
- Fundraising plans include more than 50 opportunities to name areas in the facility. View what our donors are saying.