The International Veterinary Certificate Program was created to provide PVM students with a complete cross-cultural experience (before, during, and after traveling abroad). The certificate is tailored to give students a better understanding of International Veterinary Medicine and to prepare them to engage with the culture they are entering. Those who complete the certificate will have a comprehensive knowledge of the international options available for PVM students, various scholarship opportunities available (as well as tips on making their application stand out), safety and health tips for traveling abroad, global approaches to veterinary medicine, marketing their study abroad experience upon return, and everyday information that makes their experience worthwhile.
Although, this certificate will not show up on the diploma, it will be a resume booster for future employers. Students can inform future employers that they are not only able to engage globally, but that they have gained organizational, cross-cultural communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills from this certificate program.
Contact the International Programs office at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how to enroll in this program.
- Must complete the International Veterinary Medicine course (VM 80900) offered in the Spring
- Must participate in an international experience related to veterinary medicine
- Required attendance at the “Pre-Departure” lecture before start of travel
- Must attend the “Marketing Your International Experience” workshop upon return
- Must attend at least 4 IVSA Workshops hosted throughout the year
WORKSHOPS AVAILABLE FOR 2016-2017:
- International Opportunities for Veterinary Medicine Students
- Funding Your International Experience
- International Perspectives on Animal Welfare
- Getting Immersed In Your Surroundings
- Clinical Rotations Abroad
- Marketing Your International Experience
- Becoming an IVSA Ambassador