Certificate Program for Pre-Vet Students and Students at Colleges/Schools of Veterinary Medicine
Join Your Classmates and Get a Group Discount!
Group discounts are available if the entire group is registered and paid for as a cohort. To register a group of 10, 25 or 50 students, please download, complete, and return, the appropriate form below:
- Registration Form for Groups of 10 Students (.docx) ($900, a 10% discount)
- Registration Form for Groups of 25 Students (.docx) ($1,875, a 25% Discount)
- Registration Form for Groups of 50 Students (.docx) ($2,500, a 50% Discount)
For more registration information, contact: Robin Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org or (765) 494-2975 Refunds will not be given. Purdue University is not responsible for expenses incurred due to cancellations.
This program is designed for veterinary medical, veterinary technology, and pre-vet students who want to foster inclusive learning environments at their educational institutions and develop the skills to succeed as veterinary professionals. Online module topics include:
- The Case for Diversity in Veterinary Medicine
- Diversity Lingo
- History of Diversity in Veterinary Medicine
- Stereotype Threat
- The LGBT Community
- Effective Communication with Spanish-Speaking Clients and Colleagues
- Persons with Disabilities
- Men in Veterinary Medicine
- Generational Diversity
- Affirmative Leadership
- P-12 Engagement
- Creating Your Professional Information Profile
You will also:
Complete and document 3 hours of volunteer community service and submit written reflections about what was learned.
Document participation in 4 pertinent activities each lasting at least one hour, and submit written reflections about what was learned from each activity.
Submit a capstone paper (1-2 pages) on how you will use information from the certificate program to strengthen diversity and inclusion in veterinary medicine.
For additional program information email: email@example.com