Curriculum Development and Dissemination Team
The Curriculum Development and Dissemination Team will develop, deliver, and assess innovative, interactive, problem-based curricular materials for grades 3, 6 and 9 that fill current educational gaps in health science education, and that meet Indiana and national academic standards. The team is led by: Dr. Marcia Gentry, Associate Professor of Educational Studies and Director of the Gifted Education Resource Institute in the Purdue University College of Education. Team members include:
- Dr. Sandra Amass, Professor of Veterinary Clinical Sciences and Associate Dean of Engagement, Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Mr. Thad Blossom, Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Doctoral students in the College of Education
- Ms. Ann Mennonno, 2nd/3rd Grade Teacher, Center for Inquiry, IPS #2
- Dr. Timothy Ratliff, Director of the Purdue University Center for Cancer Research and Professor of Comparative Pathobiology, Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine
- Mr. Joe Ruhl, High School Teacher of Honors Biology, Human Genetics, and Science Research, Lafayette Jefferson High School
- Ms. Jenny Veatch, High School Teacher of Biology, Crawfordsville High School
- Ms. Jessica Schneider, Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Ms. Christine Strattman, 5th and 6th Grade Teacher, Rousseau McClellan IPS School
- Ms. Amy Wackerly, 2nd/3rd Grade Teacher, Center for Inquiry, Indianapolis Public Schools
The project described was supported by a Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) from the Office of Research Infrastructure Programs (ORIP), a component of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
NIH . . . Turning Discovery Into Health
Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of ORIP or NIH.
The PVM Office of Engagement collaborates with Purdue’s Discovery Learning Research Center, parents, schools, teachers, counselors, and communities to give P-12 students the skills and support they need for future success.