Tracy Vemulapalli, DVM, MS
- Department of Comparative Pathobiology
- Clinical Assistant Professor in Comparative Pathobiology
- Director, The Indiana Graduate Training/Residency Program in Laboratory Animal Medicine
- Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine
- 625 Harrison Street
- West Lafayette, IN 47907
- Office: VPTH 134
- Phone: 765.496.7316
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2007 - MS | Purdue University
- 2000 - MS | Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- 1998 - DVM | Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine
- 1993 - BS | University of Maryland
- Vet Tech Program: CPB 35100 Microbiology for Veterinary Technicians
- DVM Program: CPB 84000 Use and Care of Laboratory Animals, CPB 85600 Veterinary Bacteriology And Mycology (team-taught), CPB 88400 Laboratory Animal Medicine Clerkship
- Residency Program: CPB 57600 Biology And Management Of Laboratory Animals, CPB 57700 Diseases Of Laboratory Animals, CPB 57800 Animal Models Of Human Disease, CPB 57900 Seminar In Comparative Medicine, CPB 62400 Advanced Laboratory Animal Medicine
- 2003 - 2004 | Public Health Veterinarian, USDA-FSIS, Office of Field Operations, Logansport, IN
- 2001 - 2003 | Associate Veterinarian, Tri-County Veterinary Clinic, Russiaville, IN
- 2000 - 2001 | Postdoctoral Associate and Supervisor of BSL3 Laboratory, Center for Molecular Medicine and Infectious Diseases (CMMID), VA-MD Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
- Vemulapalli TH, Mansouri ME, Oeller MR, Wilmot LM, Vaughn SD. 1999. Proposals for increasing the availability of animal drugs for minor species and minor uses. Journal of American Veterinary Medical Association, 214(11): 1632-5.
- Vemulapalli TH, Vemulapalli R, Schurig G, Boyle SM, Sriranganathan N. 2006. Role in virulence of a Brucella abortus protein exhibiting lectin-like activity. Infection and Immunity, 74(1):183-191.
- Vemulapalli TH. Authority to establish housing requirements. US regulations are the minimum. Lab Anim (NY) 2011;40:271.
- Johnson JK, Vemulapalli TH, Van Alstine WG, et al. Retained Fetal Membranes in C57BL/6NCrl Mice: Description of Clinical Case Presentations and Related Epidemiologic Findings. Comp Med 2011;61:505-509.
- GuangJun Zhang, Tracy H. Vemulapalli, Jer-Yen Yang, Phylooncogenomics: Examining the cancer genome in the context of vertebrate evolution, Applied & Translational Genomics, Volume 2, 1 December 2013, Pages 48-54.