Purdue Veterinary Technician Symposium
Purdue Veterinary Medicine hosts an annual Veterinary Technician Symposium to provide an opportunity for veterinary assistants, veterinary technology students, and veterinary technicians to obtain approved continuing education credits.
Learn practical information to use in clinical practice with a variety of lecture topics centered on clinical practice, small animal medicine, large animal medicine, cardiology, and behavior to name a few. Develop your professional network! Meet others that share a passion for continuing education and strive to be the very best. Network with colleagues from veterinary facilities throughout Indiana and surrounding states. Meet faculty and staff of Purdue Veterinary Medicine. Past attendees cited this symposium as "extremely valuable," commenting on the high quality of speakers, practicality of the topics and the great value for the cost.
Join us for this annual event!
Mark your calendars for the 2017 Veterinary Technician Symposium Sunday, March 26, Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine, 625 Harrison Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907.
Presentations from 2016 Symposium
2016 Proceedings - Program proceedings are password protected and available to registered symposium attendees.
- CPR: A Team Sport - Aimee Brooks, MS, DVM
- Triage: Life Saving Priorities - Tami Lind, BS, RVT
- Uncommon Conditions That Require Surgical Intervention - Eric Zamora, RVT, VTS (Anesthesia)
- What in the World is an IDD? Truth, Myth, and Misconception - Harry Latshaw, MS, RVT, VTS (Anesthesia)
- Future of Veterinary Medicine - Paige Allen, MS, RVT
- Management of Feline Lower Urinary Diseases - Vicky Ograin, MBA, RVT, VTS (Nutrition)
- Keeping up the Pace: Pacemaker Therapy - Kimberly Sederquist, BS, RVT, VTS (Cardiology)
- Supporting Behavior Patient Management Throughout the Hospital - Mindy Cotton, BS, RVT