BMS Graduate Program - Graduation Requirements
- Each student is expected to maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA. For courses taken for S or P, only those grades are acceptable. Students may be required to repeat a course in which an unsatisfactory grade is earned.
- All BMS graduate students must pass a qualifying exam at the completion of their first year.
- PhD students must pass a preliminary exam.
- Both MS and PhD students must pass a final exam.
- All students must have an approved electronic plan of study on file before taking the preliminary or final examination.
- All courses listed on the approved plan of study must be completed satisfactorily with a grade of C or better.
- A minimum of 30 registration credits for the MS degree and 90 registration credits for the PhD degree are required.
- Each student must take an approved course on ethics.
- All students must take the BMS 692 seminar course; PhD students are required to take it twice. One credit is earned for each semester.