At the Purdue Veterinary Conference each fall, the College recognizes all reunion classes. This is a great opportunity to commemorate this milestone, create opportunities to catch up with old friends, and see change and growth on campus.
- Contact the Alumni Relations Office to get your classmates' contact information
- Contact your classmates (mail, email, phone, or Facebook) and gather ideas about how to celebrate
- Solidify plans, make reservations, and register for Conference
- Come to the Purdue Veterinary Conference and have a great time!
As a volunteer reunion coordinator for your class, you are encouraged to contact the PVM Alumni Relations Office to obtain resources and support for planning reunion activities.
Here are some ideas to help you start planning your reunion:
- Go out for dinner. There are plenty of places in town to have a group dinner. This is an easy, simple way to have a good time of fellowship. Past classes have had a lot of success with this option. The volunteer reunion event coordinator would contact the restaurant and coordinate reservations.
- Meet for dessert and drinks. Again, there are many places to go out for a nice dessert and great drinks in Greater Lafayette. This is an even simpler option. You could also always skip dessert and just go for drinks! The volunteer reunion event coordinator would contact the restaurant and make necessary arrangements.
- Rent a small banquet room at a hotel or other venue and cater in the food you want. This option offers more privacy. Many classes split the charges for the rental of the room and food costs between themselves. The volunteer reunion event coordinator would contact the hotel and coordinate payment between his/her class and the venue.
- If someone in your class lives in the Greater Lafayette area, gather at their house and order food in. You could do pizzas, or order take-out from a restaurant in the area. The volunteer reunion event coordinator would handle food orders and organize payment (usually split between class members).
Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette has identified restaurants able to accommodate large parties.