PVM Awards for Outstanding Staff
The following PVM awards honor outstanding Purdue Veterinary Medicine staff. For those awards requiring nominations, links are provided to the nomination materials. Please note applicable restrictions and nomination deadlines.
Due: February 17, 2014 - Dean's Office
Purpose: To Recognize excellence of endeavors of employees of the College who are not faculty members.
- All non-faculty permanent employees not primarily engaged in research-related activities of the PVM and directly associated units (including but not limited to the Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, the PVM Research Animal Facility, the PVM Business Office, and the PVM Library).
- Recipients of the award shall be inelegible for reconsideration during the following year only.
Criteria for Selection:
- Any number of eligible staff members may be nominated to the Selection Committee.
- There shall not be more than two awards per year. One award will be limited to nominees from the Veterinary Teaching Hospital and Veterinary Clinical Sciences Department. The other award will be limited to nominees from Basic Medical Sciences Department, Veterinary Administration Department, and Veterinary Pathobiology Department.
- Criteria for selection are judged performances and contributions in one or more of the following:
- Excellence in service to the students, staff, faculty, and other constituencies of the College.
- Excellence in enhancing the image of the College with its public.
- Excellence in public and professional services and relations.
- Exceptional performance of assigned duties above and beyond that ordinarily expected of the position.
Past recipients include:
From the Veterinary Teaching Hospital and Veterinary Clinical Sciences Departments: Amalia de Gortari (2006), Donna Griffey (2007), Patty Kirts (2008), and Pat Navarre (2009), Samantha Stevenson (2010), Nicole Rosen (2011), Donna Tudor (2012), and Lindsey Fourez (2014).
From the departments of Basic Medical Sciences, Veterinary Administration, and Comparative Pathobiology: Ruth Brown (2006), Carol Wilson (2007), Barbara White (2008), Mary Woodruff (2009), Barbara Kirts (2010), Cindy Sterret (2012), and Karen Crane.
Outstanding Research Staff Award
Purpose: This award is for non-faculty research staff to recognize, honor and highlight their talents and dedication.
Nominations due in March
Past awardees include: Patty Bonney (2006), Anisa Dunham (2007), Debra Bohnert (2008) and Kathleen Anderson (2010).
The Bravo Award
Purpose: This award is given to faculty and staff to recognize, honor, and highlight their contributions to moving Purdue forward.
Past awardees include: Amanda Bettag (2015), Eric Biggs (2015), Seth Bossingham (2015), Lynn Carmony (2015), and Janet Rivers (2015).
For more information, click here.