PVM Awards for Outstanding Research
The following PVM awards honor outstanding Purdue Veterinary Medicine researchers. For those awards requiring nominations, links are provided to the nomination materials. Please note applicable restrictions and nomination deadlines.
Due: Monday, February 17, 2014 - Office of Research
Purpose: To honor faculty at the College of Veterinary Medicine who have demonstrated dedication and excellence in research.
Eligibility: All PVM faculty members who have been involved in research activities in the College of Veterinary Medicine shall be eligible. Recipients of the award shall be ineligible for reconsideration for the following 5 years.
Criteria for selection: The faculty member should have demonstrated research excellence as evidenced by: development and maintenance of an extramurally funded research program; number and quality of peer-reviewed publications; impact as indicated by citations; invitations to national and international meetings; invitations to review grants and manuscripts; and editorial board functions; and effectiveness in training graduate students and post-docs. The faculty member should have demonstrated sustained service to the College of Veterinary Medicine through participation in committees and meetings, and support of the College's programs in teaching, research, and engagement.
The nomination document should not exceed 4 pages, no smaller than 12 pt. font, and no less than 1 inch margins. The nomination document should contain all of the following components:
- Description of the quality and importance of the research program.
- Summary of scholarship activities related to research.
- Documentation of the impact of the research.
- Documentation of success in training students and post-docs.
A copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae (not restricted to the page limit) should be included.
Past awardees include: Dr. Suresh Mittal (2008), Dr. Timothy Ratliff (2011), Dr. Chang Kim (2012) and Dr. Ourania Andrisani (2013).
Pfizer Animal Health Award for Research Excellence
Nominations are due on or before 12 Noon, Friday, January 25, 2013 – to Sue Wood, VAD, Lynn Hall
Purpose: This award recognizes researchers whose innovative studies have advanced the science of veterinary medicine.
- Current PVM faculty member
- Research that shows promise of attaining national or international recognition which has been completed at Purdue University within the last three years
- Former recipients shall be eligible for nomination
- A nominating statement, CV and reprints of publications (one original)
- May come from any voting PVM faculty member and up to two from each department head
Past awardees include: Dr. Chang Kim (2006), Dr. Laurent Couëtil (2007), Dr. Riyi Shi (2008), Dr. Gert Breur (2009), Dr. Ramesh Vemulapalli (2010), Dr. Lynetta Freeman (2011), Dr. Jeff Ko (2012), and Dr. Amy Fauber (2013).